[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] Pinning a DomU Guest data page from Hypervisor
- To: Tim Deegan <tim@xxxxxxx>
- From: veerasena reddy <veeruyours@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 11:43:22 +0530
- Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 23:14:23 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-type; bh=7ZR+F28QAddxF8/zn64nkkZ+zb/HUXq8X6km1PmFLHU=; b=p6uhZw1RmsWAaEfaHrj3dzbUJM0bRfRnPbxhCd+Fax1IU/TZ4umcSQgtEVVex7a8q8 Rubm5wZomJQ+mI32gH3Bv3DWXBsN7V0s36hh5bSgu7ni0gXS/7aOVnIwIC3IeAbxKyMq iAxAO8tv3Kk8OYYc5Wd4VllEhbwAq6trZfR9w=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
Thanks a lot. I can make Guest not to reassign my data pages by doing dma_map_single() on all my data pages.
I will try that.
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Tim Deegan <tim@xxxxxxx>
If you want to stop _xen_ reassigning this frame (including any
At 23:20 +0530 on 03 Aug (1312413612), veerasena reddy wrote:
> By pinning, I mean to keep the data page always in main memory for the
> device to access. Once the device processes the page, i can unpin.
> Please correct me, if i understood page pinning concept wrongly.
> But, my goal is to keep the page in main memory until the device processes
hypervisor-level paging) you can just take a reference count (probably
you want a writeable-tyrp typecount using get_page_and_type()). But Xen
can't stop the guest OS from reusing the frame (including paging its
contents out), so you will need to address that inside the guest OS.
Tim Deegan <tim@xxxxxxx
Principal Software Engineer, Xen Platform Team
Citrix Systems UK Ltd. (Company #02937203, SL9 0BG)
Xen-devel mailing list