[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-devel] Pinning a DomU Guest data page from Hypervisor
- To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: veerasena reddy <veeruyours@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 19:26:47 +0530
- Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 06:59:16 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=pGXEYTrpz89Sry0w6jUshN5tYOzktr1zXQR2UAQwKV0=; b=t1gFXFCZx6GUKdClmdoXkHAqh01MNnO+tE3aze8NguU4TKYncff7TkWaj5+jGH4QaY VuQnI+LUgSaY8vwPVgKlZy7QlqrC7uAVXxr5709wBsIHtMWFEpzdH5+QD5MuCgd8m/CF h+yyHf0magjVkCFAIlH65glud7CHTxEXcBAF8=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
I have a DomU Guest (PVHVM) running a customized PV network driver. To increase the network IO performance I would like to try providing the address of the Guest pages directly to the network device without involving dom0.
For this i need to convert the GMFN of the page to MFN in hypervisor and pin the page. I could map the device BAR to hypervisor and write the Guest addresses to device. But I couldn't get how to Pin the Guest pages.
I looked into code "xen/arch/x86/mm.c", do_mmuext_op() which was invoking xsm_memory_pin_page() only for L1 to L4 page table type pages. Can i use the same API to pin data pages?
Could anybody please advice how can I pin a Guest data page from hypervisor. Any APIs or sequence of operations to be done on MFN of the guest page?
Thanks & Regards,
Xen-devel mailing list