[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-API] XCP 1.1 DDK for OVS Build
- To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: Ben Pfaff <blp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 20:59:10 -0800
- Cancel-lock: sha1:e4yyVd79sdQhTLDD9o/PK01Ei7E=
- Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 05:04:57 +0000
- List-id: Discussion of API issues surrounding Xen <xen-api.lists.xensource.com>
> I was able to hobble together an XCP 1.1 DDK VM based on the 5.6 SP2
> DDK VM image. Updating that VM to use the XCP 1.1 kernel wasn't too
> difficult and once I got that completed recompiling OVS was easy.
> What was worse was finding out that you guys bundled the OVS kernel
> module into the kernel RPM itself. So to get OVS 1.3 installed I had
> to rip out the OVS code from the XCP 1.1 kernel. The nice thing is
> that I now have an XCP 1.1 DDK VM that can be used to update the
> kernel, drivers, etc. And I also have the ability to easily update
> OVS if needed, now that it's kernel module component is built as a
> separate RPM.
It doesn't make sense that you had to rip anything out. The OVS
RPMs should override the modules shipped with XenServer. We rely
on this routinely at Nicira.
xen-api mailing list