[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-API] XCP 1.1 and the DVD CPU Usage Bug in XenServer 5.6
- To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: brooks@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 10:26:52 -0800 (PST)
- Delivery-date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 18:27:14 +0000
- List-id: Discussion of API issues surrounding Xen <xen-api.lists.xensource.com>
We're seeing the same issue as described in the following post:
Basically the CPU load on the servers is extremely high and the cause is
the cdrommon proc.
Citrix released a fix to this problem for XenServer 5.6 here:
But that won't work under XCP 1.1 for obvious reasons (kernel
version mismatch). A couple of questions for any of those of you that may
be knowledgeable concerning building kernel drivers under XCP.
1. Is there a way to verify that the patch didn't make it into XCP 1.1?
The ata_generic module reports that it is version 2.15
# modinfo ata_generic
In theory that's the same version that was released as the patched
driver. I definitely have the TEAC CD/DVD drives and I'm definitely
hitting the bug so it doesn't look like the patch made it into XCP 1.1.
# cat /proc/ide/hda/model
2. How difficult would it be to recompile the patched driver under XCP?
Citrix released the src, including a spec file and a Makefile, to the
patch along with the binary.
xen-api mailing list