Re: [Xen-users] Passthrough NIC reporting network cable unplugged.

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Marc Tousignant" <myrdhn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 08:43:27 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 12:45:08 +0000

So, this morning the Windows server I am running as a domU restarted due to a Windows Update.

On restart, the network cable reported as unplugged. But this is a physical card, and the cable is not unplugged.

A restart of the dom0 is what is required to fix the domU’s network connection.

My dom0 dmesg is here : https://pastebin.com/n6R2Mnpi

My xl dmesg is here : https://pastebin.com/zTZbppA5

My domU config is here : https://pastebin.com/cJZHtrV7

Any ideas as to why this happens?

I first reported it 2 years ago starting on 4.6, and am apparently the only one who has ever seen this.

MarcT