Re: [Xen-users] Unable to boot on Xen Hypervisor EFI

Does not work for me. Even if i download Shell.efi file and put it in my FAT32 USB Key, i don't have access into the UEFI Shell ...
I also tried to put the file into "/boot/efi/" but no success to :-(

This may help:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7992830.html?sid=513bdbbc364e06945d62e46367119426

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 8:55 AM, Berillions <berillions@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i installed yesterday a fresh Debian Sid on my new desktop :
>>
>> Processor : AMD Ryzen 1700X
>> MB : Asus X370 PRIME
>> GPU : Amd rx560
>

> I have the kernel 4.11 and i installed Xen 4.8 from the repository. My
> Debian is installed with the UEFI mod so all my partitions are GPT.
>
> For the first time when i boot on Xen EFI, i had this message :

>> error: invalid arch-dependent ELF magic.
>> error: you need to load the kernel first.
>> error: you need to load the kernel first.
>

> I follow the how-to here : http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_EFI
>
> when i launch the efibootmgr command for Xen, i have this :
>>
>> root@debian-desktop:# efibootmgr -w -L Xen -l "\EFI\Xen\xen-4.8-amd64.efi"
>> -c
>> BootCurrent: 0000
>> Timeout: 1 seconds
>> BootOrder: 0002,0000,0001
>> Boot0000* debian
>> Boot0001* Hard Drive
>> Boot0002* Xen
>

> Unfortunatly, when i choose Xen hypervisor EFI in the grub, i still have the
> previous error. If i choose Xen 'normal' (no-EFI), the system hangs.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Maxime

John L. Poole

1566 Court St NE