Re: [Xen-users] [Dom0]Possible to do all my activities ?

Am 11. Juli 2017 20:22:16 MESZ schrieb Berillions <berillions@xxxxxxxxx>:

>- I would like to know if it's possible to use the Xen-Kernel for my
>activities that i have on a Normal Kernel. Like watch video on
>Youtube/VLC,
>listen music and play at video games (Indies games and AAA games on
>Steam)
By theory this should work (and work in many cases). I remember
incompatibilities with several accelerated AGP / graphic drivers last time i
tried that, but had that running without acceleration often. Since Xen is in
the official kernel tree the "compatibility" with drivers got better.

Depending from the hardware it may need further Xen and kernel options to get
dom0 working as expected from you on your specific hardware.

>- Do you know if the AMDGPU driver (mesa) works out-of-box with a
>Xen-Kernel ?
Not tested to build and run it yet.

>I know that KVM is more easy to use but there is an issue which does
>not
>exist with Xen => I can't use more than 8 CPUs on KVM in my case else
>there
>are bad performance.
The major feature of Xen for most Xen users is the resource optimized Xen PV i
think. As a "full Virtualizer" (with the required resource overhead) Xen is
just one of "many"...

>Thanks for your help and sorry for my English, i'm French :-)
Sorry for my (german) and cell typos ß)

best regards,

Niels.

--