Re: [Xen-users] How to enable grant entry v2 in Linux kernel:

Hi Anton,

On 07/05/2017 05:03 AM, Anton Yakovlev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I play with Xen 4.8.2 and Linux kernel 4.11.2 from linux-stable mainline git
> repository.
> Although Xen has support for grant entry v2, there's only grant entry v1
> support
> in Linux kernel source. How to enable v2? Should I use some special
> repository/branch, or is there some special patch set?

There used to be grant v2 in linux and it was reverted by following patch.
That's why there is no grant v2 in mainline or 4.11.2.

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=11c7ff17c9b6dbf3a4e4f36be30ad531a6cf0ec9

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=438b33c7145ca8a5131a30c36d8f59bce119a19a

Dongli Zhang