Re: [Xen-users] network not enabled in launch of DomU == *archlinux* installer iso; other OSs installers ok ?

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 09:39:57AM -0800, suse.dev@xxxxxx wrote:
> I'm launching an Arch distro installer in a VM Guest.
>
> In VirtualBox, all networking works.
>
> In Xen, other OSs' installers launched as DomU, networking works.
>
> For arch, though, once launched in Xen DomU, with similar config as I use for
> other OSs,

>       vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3E:10:01:01, model=e1000, bridge=br0, vifname=vif0',]
>
> I've got no network
>
>       ping <anywhere>
>               connect: Network is unreachable
>
> @ Dom0,
>
>       brctl show
>               bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled
> interfaces
>               br0             8000.0cc47a489a7e       yes             eno1
>                                                                       vif0
>                                                                       vif0-emu
>
> @ DomU
>
>       dmesg | grep -i eth
>               [   1.990937] xen_netfront: Initialising Xen virtual ethernet
> driver
>
>       lspci -vv | grep -i eth
>               (empty)
>
>       lsmod | grep -i xen
>               xen_kbdfront           16384  0
>               xen_netfront           32768  0
>               xen_blkfront           45056  6
>
>       uname -r
>               4.3.3-3-ARCH
>
> Is there some additional Xen config required?
>
> On the arch installer, at least, there's no /boot/config* to grep for
>
>       CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND=
>       CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND=
>
> so don't know if that's involved.

What exactly do you mean by "Arch installer?" Vanilla Arch has no installer.

The live ISO is configured to automatically bring up all available
interfaces, however the default configurations in a fresh install are
not. Have you set up dhcpcd / systemd-network / networkmanager / network
management package of your choice?

--Sean