Re: [Xen-users] adding fourth device to pvhvm config causes DomU launch fail @ "device_disk_add: device already exists in xenstore" ?

On 2016-02-22 11:44, suse.dev@xxxxxx wrote:

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016, at 08:30 AM, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
AFAICT there's some quirk on Linux when running as a PVHVM guest, and
the CD device always has to be emulated. The reason behind this seem to
be that using a PV CD on older Xen versions was broken:

Thanks, I've got a working solution ... still with some 'guesses'.  TBH, it's
pretty confusing even reading the docs.

It'd be MUCH easier to be able to just use all xvdX, and be done with it.  But,
I don't at all know if that's even possible :-/

For what it's worth, it is possible to pass an ISO image through as a PV disk, it just won't show up as a CD-ROM drive. I actually do this on occasion when bootstrapping PV domains.