Re: [Xen-users] help:Xen 4.6.0 and vTPM 2.0 installation problems

On Sat, 2015-11-21 at 19:23 +0800, åå wrote:
> Dear Xen Designer:
>
> Â Â I am writing to learn how to use Xen with vTPM 2.0 .
>
> Â Â I have followed the steps in the readme.txt of Xen 4.6.0.

Do you mean "README"?

>  When I restarted the system (choose Xen 4.6.0 in the bios) and typed xl
> or xm command in the terminal ,it came out :
>
> Â Â Â Â ÂERROR: ÂCanât find version 4.6 of xen utils, bailing out!

This message is specific to the Debian packaging of Xen. It looks as if you
have done an install from source of 4.6.0 on top of the packaged version of
4.4 from Debian.

My advice would be to either install from source or install from packages
and do not mix and match the two.

In this case I would recommend removing the Debian packages completely and
reinstalling Xen 4.6.0 from source.

> Â Â My question:
>
> Â Â 1# how to use Xen 4.6 ? when I use apt-get to install xen-utils,
> there is no xen-utils-4.6 but xen-utils-4.4. ÂShould I reinstall Xen 4.4?
> does xen4.4 support vtpm2.0?

I don't know for sure, but I think vtpm2.0 was not added until 4.5 or 4.6.

> Â Â 2# how to use vTPM 2.0?Is there any documents for beginners? like
> operation guide?

Where did you look for them? There seems to be several documents in
docs/misc/vtpm*, which look pretty comprehensive to me, as well as a wiki
page with links to more information (which I notice contains an answer to
your #1).

Ian.