Re: [Xen-users] xl create argument issue with disk config

On Tue, 2015-11-17 at 22:38 -0600, Yaohua Li wrote:
> If you built from source you should have gotten a qemu-xen installed by
> > default unless you deliberately turned it off, if you got this from a
> > distro package then you may need to install it by hand (and maybe file a
> > wishlist bug with your distro to add a suitable dependency).
> Yes, I tend to think this is the cause.Â
>
> I am using Fedora 20 with Xen 4.3.4. Xen was installed from package.
> > I tried to look for qemu-xen related package but did not find any. By
> > "install it by hand", do you mean install from package or something
> > else?

"qemu-xen" is Xen's configuration option name for "upstream qemu"
(conversely "qemu-xen-traditional" is Xen's old fork of qemu).

I don't know Fedora but on Debian for example qemu-xen is provided by the
regular qemu-system-x86 package (and the Xen packages have a recommends
dependency on that package).

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Fedora_Host_InstallationÂdoesn't seem to mention
qemu at all.

I think there is a fedora-xen ML hosted by the Fedora project, unless
someone here chimes in perhaps it would be worth asking there.