[Xen-users] Recommended Windows PV drivers? (+ GPLPV issues)

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Chris Takemura <ctakemura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 00:44:07 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 00:45:22 +0000

Hi everyone,

What's the status of the various PV driver projects?  Which drivers would be recommended for end-users who just want PV drivers that work?  I've been something of a fan of the GPL PV drivers, but meadowcourt.org has been down for a while, and I don't think there have been recent updates.  There are the erstwhile Xenserver drivers, but my impression is that they're under development and not ready for actual use.

I would be entirely happy with the GPL PV drivers, but it seems like XenPCI isn't hiding all the emulated block devices --  I have one machine with 5 emulated disks, 4 ATA and 1 SCSI.  I still see one disk attached to ATA channel 1 and one disk on the SCSI controller.  Neither of these is the system disk.  XenVBD is attaching to all 5 disks, but some of the disks are (rightly) disabled because of signature collision.

--
chris