[Xen-users] 32 bits on 64 bits kernel

Hi,
I've installed the xen package from the Debian 8 x64 Jessie distribution
repositories and I am creating virtual machines using the xen-tools (xen
create image) without having any trouble, nevertheless when creating VMs
for a different architecture then the one where the XEN Hypervisor is
running on, that is, i386 virtual machines on an x86-64 host
I have now noticed they still run the 64 bits kernel. I'd rather prefer
to have a fully 32 bits environment and I've started to follow :

http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Mainline_Linux_Kernel_Configs

Unfortunately following the above steps results in :

xl create -c /etc/xen/xxx-debian32RfL.cfg
Parsing config from /etc/xen/xxx-debian32RfL.cfg
xc: error: elf_xen_note_check: ERROR: Will only load images built for
the generic loader or Linux images (Not '' and ''): Invalid kernel
libxl: error: libxl_dom.c:407:libxl__build_pv: xc_dom_parse_image
failed: No such file or directory
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1022:domcreate_rebuild_done: cannot
(re-)build domain: -3

I have configured the kernel using a standard debian configuration
/usr/src/linux-config-3.16/config.i386_none_586.xz
and adding on the top of that one the needed options.

Am I missing some steps ?

Thanks,
Pietro