Re: [Xen-users] xl stack problems on CentOS6 XEN4

On Tue, 2015-05-12 at 14:00 +0000, Hildebrand, Nils (BIT II 9) wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> following the link you provided:
> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-02/msg01190.html
>
> Looks indeed similar to my output
> BUT: The following lines are missing on my output:
>
> >> libxl: debug: libxl.c:2605:libxl__device_disk_local_initiate_attach:
> >> trying to locally attach PHY device drbd-remus-test with script
> >> block-drbd

Adding Roger.

I cannot see any message like that in the source code even. Perhaps that
thread involved some wip patches which haven't landed yet.

> I can not even see an attempt to call "block-drbd" in my debug-output.
>
> Yes, vmname=xlnur079.
>
> Making drbd primary does not create a device in /dev/ though - hence
> my workaround: cd "/dev/drbd/by-res/" before xl create. That's the
> place where xlnur079 (or at least an symbolic link with that name)
> resides.

/dev/drdb/by-res/xlnur079 suffices as "in /dev/" from the PoV of libxl I
think, it should get a full path back.

> Time to contact xen-devel, or can we do some deeper digging beforehand?

Lets see what Roger says, but I suspect the time has come.