Re: [Xen-users] Using Inter Processor Interrupt (IPI) under xen 4.4.1

On Wed, 2015-04-22 at 13:28 +0300, ××× ×××××××× wrote:
> Hi All,
> Im not really sure if its the right mailing list.but i will give it a
> try.
> I'm trying to check how much time it takes to initialize virtual CPU
> cache , for my B.Sc final project.

None of this is really specific to Xen, it's just Linux kernel stuff.
I'd suggest asking your B.Sc advisor to point you towards some Linux
kernel development resources.

[...]
> ffffffff8100f800 t xen_smp_cpus_done
> ffffffff8100f810 t xen_smp_send_reschedule
> ffffffff8100f830 t xen_send_IPI_mask
> ffffffff8100f890 t xen_smp_send_call_function_single_ipi
> ffffffff8100f8d0 t xen_smp_send_call_function_ipi
> ffffffff8100f930 t xen_cpu_die
> ffffffff8100fa40 t xen_cpu_disable

> Im not sure i can use them, and the bigger problem i don't how and
> what library's i should include.

These are kernel symbols, they can only be used from kernel modules
(assuming they are exported), not from applications and/or libraries.

AFAIK Linux has some generic interfaces (which will map to those above
when running under Xen), you almost certainly want to be using those and
not the Xen specific ones. Try looking for similar functions without the
xen_ prefix.

> Moreover i tried adding kernel module to this VM
> but /lib/modules/2.6.32-73-server/ has no build folder so i cant inmod
> my kernel module.

You should look for a development package matching your kernel.