Re: [Xen-users] Reinstalling an old version of xen

On Fri, 2015-03-06 at 12:30 +0100, rp-user wrote:
> Hello
> I have installed the latest version of xen, Xen4.2 using kernel 3.1.
> It is working correctly. I need to install some patches that requires
> kernel 2.6.
> Any help?
> Do i need to reinstall an old version of xen which uses kernel 2.6 or
> something else . It is important that i would like to not change any
> configuration and the funcionality of dom0.

Xen and the dom0 kernel should be changeable independently.

We used to ship a kernel (a long time ago) with Xen for convenience when
the kernel side support was not in mainline, but that was the only
reason, even then there was no linkage (at least not since the very
early days of Xen).