Re: [Xen-users] How to access SM BUS/I2C device from guest VM

On Mon, 2015-03-02 at 11:31 +0530, Nagesh Lagishetty wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am using xen-4.4.2.
> Host : Ubuntu (12.04)
> Guest vm : ubuntu (12.04)
>

> I have to access/control a I2C device from Guest VM, how to access it?
> At the time of ubuntu guest VM boot, I am seeing a message as SM BUS
> controller not enabled.
>

> Target is to access the I2C device from guest VM.
>

> I am able to access the I2C/SM bus devices from Dom 0, but I need to
> access the same from DomU.
>

> Please help me on this issue.

Depending how the device is actually wired onto the system you either
want pci passthrough (to expose the controller) or to make the relevant
ioports/iomem/irqs available to the guest. See xl.cfg(5) pci=, iomem=,
irq= and ioports=.

In the case of PCI passthrough there is also a page on the wiki.