Re: [Xen-users] blktap2 support in xen 4.5

On Tue, 2015-03-03 at 10:02 +0100, svenvan svenvan wrote:

> Am I missing something?  Why it's using qdisk despite I explicitly set
> tap2?

You haven't actually requested tap, although I can see why you would
think you have. Please see
http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/4.5-testing/misc/xl-disk-configuration.txt
for the semantics of the disk spec (in particular note that tap:,
tapdisk: and aio: are deprecated and ignored).

To actually force the backend with xl you would want backend=, but I
would recommend to just let the toolstack decide what the best backend
would be.

> Also, is qdisk more performant blktap2 at this point?

It is at least equivalent, but more importantly is better maintained,
which is why we now default to it.