[Xen-users] framebuffer loads under Linux, but not Xen

I recently built a Debian "Wheezy" system, which booted via GRUB to a
non-framebuffer console, printing

    Console: colour VGA+ 80x25

during boot. To /etc/default/grub I added

    GRUB_GFXMODE=1920x1200
    GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep

giving me the boot messages:

    vesafb: mode is 1920x1200x16, ...
    fbcon: VESA VGA (fb0) is primary device
    Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 240x75
    fb0: VESA VGA frame buffer device

But when I installed and booted Xen, it reverted to the non-fb
console. /dev/fb0 isn't present under Xen.

How do I enable a framebuffer console under Xen?

Note that this is on the dom0; there is no domU yet.  We're not
talking about virtual framebuffers.

I posted this to http://serverfault.com/questions/658048/ already.