[Xen-users] virt-manager cannot connect to hypervisor

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Greg Woods <woods@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 11:33:07 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 17:34:51 +0000

This is a very old problem, I see posts about it dating back to at least 2006. But I have checked all the suggested remedies and nothing has worked.

This is a brand new installation of CentOS 6.5 with Xen 4.2.4 . The problem is that virt-manager will not start up, I get an error connecting to the hypervisor:

Unable to open a connection to the Xen hypervisor/daemon.

Verify that:
Â- A Xen host kernel was booted
Â- The Xen service has been started

I have verified the following:

- I am running as root
- A Xen kernel has been booted
- libvirtd is running
- xend is running
- "xm list" shows Dom0
- There is a proper localhost entry in /etc/hosts
- xend-unix-server is set to "yes" in xend-config.sxp

Can anyone think of anything else I might have missed?

Thanks,
--Greg