Re: [Xen-users] Some iommu questions(mostly about intel's vt-d)

Mihail Ivanov <mihail.ivanov93@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Also what does:
> "(XEN)  Intel VT-d Dom0 DMA Pass-through not enabled." means?
>
> Shouldn't that mean that one cannot do PCI pass-through?
> So how can IOMMU be enabled without that?
> Isn't that a vital part of it?

PCI passthrough requires to pass 'iommu=soft' as kernel option for the
domU.

It's likely to be done in software on NUMA boards, anyway.  Apparently
doing it in software usually achieves better performance, and the kernel
turns it off be default.  I'm getting a message "NUMA turned off" in the
log of dom0.  I haven't tried to force it on yet.

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.