Re: [Xen-users] xen-4.4.0 and unexpected system reboot

greetings,

>It's rather hard to say based on the available information I'm afraid.
>All I can suggest is that you configure a serial console or something so
>that if it happens again you have some logs. You might find something
>in /var/log/ on the dom0, but it seems unlikely.

*sigh*  no serial console available to dom0; just the standard svga
console.  and eighteen months is a rather long time to have a
physical device just sitting there on the off-chance that something
might happen.

i checked the /var/log/messages file immediately after rebooting
the system.  literally nothing.  the last entry before the reboot
was the typical chatter found in /var/log/messages, and then the
syslogd restart message.  a normal shutdown via nut or by hand
(shutdown -[hr] now) would make a number of entries about daemons
and devices shutting down.  in this case, nothing.

this behavior looks more typical of the reboot command instead of
the shutdown command, or maybe a hardware fault that triggered a
reboot.  still, this is the first time i've seen that under xen, so
i'm considering all possibilities.

i'm sorry that this gives you so little with which to work.

thanks for the time and assistance.
frank smith