Re: [Xen-users] GPU passthrough on Xen 4.4.0, FLReset-

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Kuba <kuba.0000@xxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 11:13:48 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 09:14:57 +0000

I have a pair of 780Ti cards in my system (each passed to a different
VM) and it works just fine. I never managed to get any ATI cards to
work properly in the same setup. Probably best to stay away from
those if you want something that "just works".

Dear Gordan,

would you mind sharing some details about your 780Ti based system? I've got a (genuine) Quadro 4000 based system with working gpu passthrough, but I still have some issues with it, so any additional info would be greatly appreciated :) Here's my list of questions:

1. What is your dom0 kernel version?
2. What is your domU OS/version?
3. What is your xen version?
4. Do you have GPLPV drivers installed? Which version?
5. Do you have any issues with restarting the domU? Do you have to do something before rebooting the domU, like ejecting the GPU?
6. Do you have any issues with multi-monitor setups?
7. Can you have more than 4GB of RAM assigned to the domUs with GPU passthrough? 8. Do you have any hardware with exclamation marks in your hardware manager in domU?
9. Which qemu flavour do you use?
10. In fact - could you please post the domU config file and your xl info output? :) 11. Where did you find the necessary information to hard-mod the card? Is there some particular post on some forum?

12. I have three issues with my setup, have you noticed any of these?
a. Can't have more than 3.5GB RAM.
b. Rebooting domU with more than one monitor and without ejecting the gpu first causes very strange artefacts on the displays (everything works just fine with only one monitor).
c. Have some yellow exclamation marks in hardware manager.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Kuba