Re: [Xen-users] Xen4.4 HVM domains and routed setups

Hi,

can you elaborate a bit more on what you actually want to do? Cause I guess you are trying to do something I've got working with a modified vif-nat setup and can be of help, but I would like to take the guesswork out of the equation first..

Hi

I have a Xen 4.4 installation with Windows in a HVM domain and I need to use a routed setup.
However the vif-route script does not work for HVM domains.

So far I used an outdated Xen 4.1 installation with manually patched scripts that could do routed setups with HVM.
But now I wanted to update and switch from xm to xl.

Is there any way to make Xen work with HVM in a routed setup?
Or do I have to revert to xm interface and try to adapt my patches to Xen 4.4?

(On the IRC channel, someone recommended to use the scripts that are used by libvirt. So I downloaded the libvirt sources but I did
not find any suitable replacement for vif-route.)

BTW: I also have some linux pv machines that also need to work on the same host.

Any hint is welcome.

Regards,
 ÂSteffen