Re: [Xen-users] Booting dom0 on OMAP5432 board

On Thu, 2014-05-15 at 11:10 -0400, John Paul Walters wrote:

> > This is the point where you would normally start to see dom0 output.
> >
> > Have you enabled the XEN HVC driver in your kernel and passed
> > console=hvc0 to the kernel?
> >
> > If you have then you could trying pressing CTRL-A three times to enable
> > Xen debug keys, then try various keys to see if you can see if/where
> > dom0 has crashed ('h' lists them, 'q' is a good one, there is also one
> > to dump the dom0 state).
> >
> > After that I think it would be a case of adding calls to xen_raw_printk
> > in the kernel and building a hypervisor with debuging enabled to get
> > some kernel output -- which will hopefully show where things go wrong.
> >
> > Ian.
> >

> Thanks for the suggestions.
>
> It looks like the HVC driver is enabled, and I've included the output
> of both "q" and "0" below as well as my u-boot version and parameters.
>  It might be helpful if someone could chime in with the versions (Xen
> and kernel) that have been shown to boot successfully.  I bring this
> up because the FTD patch didn't apply cleanly against any of the
> kernels that I tried, so I ended up manually applying the patch.

I've CC'd Chen who wrote that wiki page.

> OMAP5430 EVM # setenv dom0_bootargs 'console=hvc0,115200n8
> earlyprintk=xen debug ignore_loglevel root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 rw rootwait
> fixrtc'

I don't know if it is harmful but ",115200n8" is meaningless for hvc.

earlyprintk doesn't take an option on ARM and there is no "xen"
alternative. (Again probably not harmful).

> (XEN) PC:     c02c52e8

Only you can interpret this, since it needs the symbols from your
kernel. Run gdb on your vmlinux (the ELF version at the root of the
buikt linux source tree) and type "list *0xc02c52e8" and it should tell
you where it blocked.