Re: [Xen-users] Can't stop MD array after destroying domain

On Mon, 2014-05-05 at 18:25 +0400, Egor Medvedev wrote:
> Hello.
>

> I have a problem with MD array after destroying guest machine using xl
> toolstack.
> Sometimes I can get an error:
> ==
> libxl: error: libxl_device.c:894:device_backend_callback: unable to
> remove device with path /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/53/51712
> libxl: error: libxl_device.c:894:device_backend_callback: unable to
> remove device with path /local/domain/0/backend/vif/53/0
> libxl: error: libxl.c:1449:devices_destroy_cb: libxl__devices_destroy
> failed for 53
> ==
> When trying to stop array, system considers it being used by another
> process.
> We use dm multipath for block devices. After destroying domain, it is
> also impossible to remove dm.

Which version of Xen is this with?

Is there a device model process still running?

Does "xl list" still show the domain?

Can you post the full logs of xl destroy please, along with any relevant
logs from under /var/log/xen and your guest config file. Please can you
also post the output of "xenstore-ls -fp".