Re: [Xen-users] Xentop CPU usage

IIRC xentop shows VCPU usage as a percentage of a single VCPU. So 150-200% usage would translate into around 19-25% CPU usage when using 8 VCPUs. Still a lot more than what the Windows domU reports.
On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 3:59 PM, Wouter de Geus <benv-xensource.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Stefan Parvu <sparvu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2014-04-30 15:47:43 +0300]:

> So basically you are saying that your task manager from domU shows
> things are idle, but like what 1-5% ? And on the other hand xentop from
> dom0 shows a much bigger consumption, like 150-200%. Correct ?

Yes, that's correct.

> Measuring from dom0 should be more accurate than domU, no mistake about
> that. However it seems your domU is using 2 VPUs, probable more or less
> which you cant see in domU.

The domU has 8 VPUs pinned to it at the moment, which also show up in the task manager etc.

> Try to record data from domU and dom0 as time series and compare them in
> long run. xentop is a nice tool but things could be improved:
> documentation, time series collection, etc. I put together a wrapper for
> it, called xenrec using Perl5. Works on Linux.

I'll check it out, thanks for the hints :)

Wouter.