Re: [Xen-users] Xen, X and a nvidia card

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 12:33:30 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 11:34:19 +0000

Indeed, I am running dom0 with the Nvidia proprietary driver.
I have been using it for years without any problems.

The installer will complain if it detects Xen and abort the
build by default. You have to set the environment variable
IGNORE_XEN_PRESENCE=1 to get it to build.

Unrelated to Xen, the Nvidia driver might not always build
against the very latest kernels, but if you are a few
versions behind on the kernel it should build fine.

Gordan