Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.4 gives error about invalid entry point for ELF64

  • From: Daniel Shub <Daniel.Shub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 21:16:42 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-GB
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-GB
  • Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 21:21:29 +0000

The grub configuration item is

menuentry 'Xen 4.4.0 / Arch GNU/Linux, with Linux linux' --class xen --class
arch --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
        insmod part_gpt
        insmod lvm
        insmod ext2
        set
root='lvmid/x6ZMlJ-plwy-IbrH-jMWQ-o7xs-wGSq-zYwtIh/rDjjqf-y6oV-6h53-PsQY-0c1d-BFkq-czCMcN'
        if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
          search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root
--hint='lvmid/x6ZMlJ-plwy-IbrH-jMWQ-o7xs-wGSq-zYwtIh/rDjjqf-y6oV-6h53-PsQY-0c1d-BFkq-czCMcN'
  4bebf152-5d3b-45cf-8d3d-e00739619782
        else
          search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root
4bebf152-5d3b-45cf-8d3d-e00739619782
        fi
       echo    'Loading Xen 4.4.0 ...'
       multiboot       /boot/xen-syms-4.4.0.gz /boot/xen-syms-4.4.0.gz xsave=1
       echo    Loading Linux linux ...
       module  /boot/vmlinuz-linux /boot/vmlinuz-linux
root=/dev/mapper/xen-dom0 rw console=tty0
       echo    "Loading initial ramdisk ..."
       module  /boot/initramfs-linux.img
}

Running file on the files I see:

# file /boot/xen-syms-4.4.0.gz
/boot/xen-syms-4.4.0.gz: gzip compressed data, was "xen-syms-4.4.0", last
modified: Fri Mar 21 17:17:07 2014, from Unix

# file /boot/vmlinuz-linux
/boot/vmlinuz-linux: Linux kernel x86 boot executable bzImage, version
3.13.7-1-ARCH (nobody@var-lib-archbuild-extra-x86_64-thomas) #1, RO-rootFS,
swap_dev 0x3, Normal VGA

# file /boot/initramfs-linux.img
/boot/initramfs-linux.img: gzip compressed data, last modified: Wed Mar 26
10:13:47 2014, from Unix