[Xen-users] Issue with restarting Open vSwitch network driver domain

Hi all,
I have recently experimented with http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Driver_Domain to create an Open vSwitch network driver domain. I setup a VT-d pass-through network card to the driver domain, where I created a bridge (ovsbr0) to which the pass-through card is assigned. When I create a test domain with the following vif configuration:

vif =  ['type=ioemu,model=e1000,bridge=ovsbr0,backend=openvswitch']

everything works perfectly. Inside the driver domain I see the new vif getting assigned to the ovsbr0 bridge and the test domain has access to the network (dhcp and everything) through the VT-d card.

However, if I restart the Open vSwitch network driver domain the test domain loses all connectivity. In the network driver domain the test domain's vif# is still assigned to the ovsbr0 bridge, however the entries within xenstore are now stale:

vif = ""
     0 = ""
      backend = "/local/domain/6/backend/vif/7/0"
      backend-id = "6"

Note: 6 is the domain id of the network driver before restart.

Even if I try to update these values manually with xenstore-write the test domain doesn't regain network connectivity as I assume other values would need to be updated as well (event-channel?). If I simply restart the test domain, it gains network connectivity back again.

Is there a way to have xl automatically update xenstore entries for domains that depend on the network driver domain? Is there something else that's missing?

Thanks!
Tamas