Re: [Xen-users] powerdown problem on XEN

On Wed, 2013-08-07 at 15:38 +0200, Atom2 wrote:

> None of the options listed in your link (reboot=b|t|k|n|w|c) managed to
> turn off power to the system. All but reboot=n (and also noreboot=true)
> did a reboot after requesting a powerdown with shutdown -h now.
> reboot=n or noreboot=true just left the machine's power on with the last
> message on the console (from the gentoo dom0 shutdown) reading
> [ <no secs since start> ] Power Down.
[...]
> I hope the attached file helps in narrowing the powerdown problem down.
> If you require any more informatio, I'd be more than happy to provide that.

Hrm, I don't have much in the way bright ideas after this.

It would be worth trying at least Xen 4.3 if not -unstable, just in case
this has been fixed already.

I suppose booting the same Linux kernel natively works and can
reboot/shutdown as much as you like?

AFAIK xen/arch/x86/acpi/power.c is at least somewhat related to
linux/drivers/acpi/power.c. I don't know to what extent they have
diverged but it might be worth eye-balling the diff and/or looking at
the Linux changelog for likely looking updates.