Re: [Xen-users] Have you ever met this behavior with IGD passthrough?

On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 09:07:40PM +0800, G.R. wrote:
> Actually I appreciate if you can share your experience.
> I really want to make sure if the issue is specific to my HW.
> More below.

I think I have a similar CPU available, so I can try with that in a week or
so..

> On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 06:16:31PM +0800, G.R. wrote:
> >> Hi guys, any comment on this?
> >>

> > Can you please remind about your configuration:
> >
> > - Which CPU? Which IDG/GPU?
> I7 3770 with IGD 4000.
>
> > - HVM guest Windows version? 32b/64b?
> win7 64 bit version.
> > - Xen version
> All version from xen 4.1.x to xen 4.3
> > - I assume you're using qemu-traditional.. which additional patches?
> You should know the patch set I used -- the patch series I created and
> tried to submit (you pinged me several times on it).

Yep, I do :) but I mostly meant if you have any other patches in addition to
those 3 patches from the IGD passthru series.

> > - dom0 kernel version
> All kernel versions I ever used. 3.6.x 3.8.7 3.9.8
>
> > - xm or xl?
> xl
> > - HVM guest configfile
>
> name = 'gamebox'
> builder = 'hvm'
> vcpus = '4'
> cpus = "0-4"
> memory = '3072'

Did you try with only 2GB? or 1GB? Does it affect anything?

-- Pasi