[Xen-users] CPU Masking on SLES11SP2 ???

Does anyone know if SLES supports any CPU masking? I have a large pool of sles xen servers on various HP platforms, G6, G7, G8. I can live migrate from older to newer servers but not the other way around. I assume this is because of cpu differences.

I've been searching and reading about setting cpuid on the VM but it had no affect. I'm assuming it's being ignored but not sure. I have not done anything to setup or enable cpuid or cpu masking.

My xen version is: xen-4.1.5_02-0.5.1 on SLES11SP2.

CPU info on two of the hosts. In case this doesn't come through, the two major differences are (I think):
model 45 vs 26
Stepping 7 vs 5
cpuid level 13 vs 11

processor       : 1
processor       : 1

vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel

cpu family      : 6                                                     cpu
family      : 6

model           : 45                                                    model
        : 26

model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 0 @ 2.50GHz              model
name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5540  @ 2.53GHz

stepping        : 7
stepping        : 5

cpu MHz         : 2494.080                                              cpu MHz
        : 2533.490

cache size      : 15360 KB                                              cache
size      : 8192 KB

fpu             : yes                                                   fpu
        : yes

fpu_exception   : yes
fpu_exception   : yes

cpuid level     : 13                                                    cpuid
level     : 11

wp              : yes                                                   wp
        : yes

flags           : fpu de tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr              flags
        : fpu de tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr

mca cmov pat clflush acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx            mca
cmov pat clflush acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx

lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni                lm
constant_tsc rep_good nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni est ssse3

pclmulqdq est ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt aes                cx16
sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt hypervisor lahf_lm ida

xsave avx hypervisor lahf_lm ida arat epb xsaveopt pln pts dtherm

bogomips        : 5050.74
bogomips        : 5068.63

clflush size    : 64                                                    clflush
size    : 64

cache_alignment : 64
cache_alignment : 64

address sizes   : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual                     address
sizes   : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual

power management:                                                       power
management:

Any ideas?

Thanks,
James