Re: [Xen-users] Strengthening The Xen On-Ramp

  • To: Russ Pavlicek <russell.pavlicek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Daniel Shub <Daniel.Shub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:57:40 +0100
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-GB
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-GB
  • Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:58:38 +0000

Determining if the information I can find on the wiki (or web in general) applies to MY version was/is my biggest problem. Obviously this is a hard problem to tackle, but the use of a wiki to deliver information may not be best. For example, a number of people might be stuck using the xm toolstack for a while so converting the documentation the xl toolstack may not be best. The documentation needs to be linked to the version, but who the hell wants to maintain multiple sets of documentation.

I also found the wiki went from trivial easy to way over my head very quickly. The wiki and web helped me get a basic dom0 and domU up and running, but doing slightly more difficult things (e.g., networking, vga passthrough) got technical quickly.