Re: [Xen-users] Cloned Windows 2008 R2 HVM domU goes BSOD when installing signed GPLPV driver

On Fri, 2013-06-14 at 23:38 +0800, John/SML wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I cloned a Windows 2008 R2 64-bit domU on a Xen host
>
> >dd if=/dev/VG1/win2k8-x64-disk0 of=/dev/VG1/smlxsv5-disk0
>
> and tried to install the signed GPLPV driver (by Univention) on the
> cloned domU. The cloned domU went BSOD,

BSODs usually contain information (including various magic numbers)
which can be looked up via a search engine to give a hint as to the
reason, can you the full text of the BSOD or a screenshot or something?

I didn't spot any clues in your logs.

You might also find that the Xen console (xm dmesg) contains some useful
debugging, especially if you boot with "guest_loglvl=all" on your
hypervisor command line.