Re: [Xen-users] Xen kernel booting to black screen.

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 11:24:43 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 16:25:38 +0000

Hello.

Please post the relevant section from your Grub config, just to make sure it's consistent.

El 14/06/13 10:53, Joshua Tuttle escribió:
I am using Xen 4.1.4 downloaded from apt-get with Debian 7.0 “Wheezy”.
Debian boots fine, but when I try to select the Xen kernel in grub, it
just boots to a black screen. The only text that comes up before the
black screen is “loading initial ramdisk”
Can you see the Xen's booting output, before it attempts to load Dom0's kernel?
Does your machine respond via network a while after booting?

I have tried placing “nomodeset” as a kernel parameter, but have had no
luck with it.
To discard video mode problems, you may try "vga=normal" kernel parameter, it's the most fail-safe, AFAIK,

Greetings.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov