Re: [Xen-users] FreeBSD PVHVM call for testing

On 10/06/13 16:48, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've pushed a new branch, pvhvm_v14 that contains support for live
> migration. While there I've also rebased the changes on top of current
> HEAD, so now it contains the recent fixes to blkfront and netfront.
>
> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/royger/freebsd.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/pvhvm_v14

Hello,

There where some issues with the previous branch (pvhvm_v14), I've
pushed a new one (pvhvm_v16) that fixes the following bugs:

 * Make sure there are no IPIs in flight while the VM is migrated,
having in-flight IPIs is a problem because on resume the event channels
are re-initialized, so all pending events are lost, including IPIs.

 * Reset the clock after migration, this prevent clock drifts when the
VM is migrated.

 * blkfront was not correctly freeing the old event channel port.

The following two commits are needed for Xen:

f8e8fd56bd7d5675e8331b4ec74bae76c9dbf24e x86/HVM: fix initialization of
wallclock time for PVHVM on migration

32c864a35ece2c24a336d183869a546798a4b241 x86/vtsc: update vcpu_time in
hvm_set_guest_time

With this branch I've been able to successfully local migrate a busy VM
400 times consecutively.

As usual, the branch can be found here:

http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/royger/freebsd.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/pvhvm_v16