Re: [Xen-users] Linux Fiber or iSCSI SAN

  • To: Nick Khamis <symack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:49:24 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-CA, en-US
  • Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:50:03 +0000

Hey Nick - just curious and not trying to split hairs - but what $10000 san?

I've seen and build what I'd call a "NAS" in that price range, but in my mind
(maybe not in the formal definition though) , SAN is more - like a management
gui - the ability to manage snapshots, backups, etc. often managed in multiple
chassis - it's more a multi device network isn't it?

I guess the line is blurring though... We use some linux boxes running DRDB -
lots of people seem to be going that route anecdotally speaking. But lots of
tiny points seem to affect performance.