Re: [Xen-users] HVM and PV ACPI

On Sat, 2013-06-08 at 11:16 +0800, shi roger wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm studying xen boot process. For HVM and PV Xen, how they local ACPI
> information, from /tools/firmware or qemu default configure? I guess
> they takes different methods. Is there any more detailed information I
> could fetch from internet? Or any of you could provide more some
> explanation? Thank you guys in advance.

For HVM guests the ACPI tables are produced by hvmloader
(tools/firmware/hvmloader) and passed via the bootloader (either SeaBIOS
or ROMBIOS depending on which QEMU you use) and then on to the guest via
the RDSP in the usual way.

Xen doesn't use the ACPI tables which QEMU is capable of providing.

PV guests do not see ACPI at all.

dom0 does see the host ACPI tables, which it discovers in the usual way.