[Xen-users] Creating bridged network

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Mohammad Altahat <maaltahat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 22:30:32 -0700 (PDT)
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 05:31:57 +0000

Dear xen users,

I am sorry for my undetailed email asking about how to creat a bridged network on CentOS 6.4.. I have the Xen hypervisor installed and booted correctly but there is no internet access there.

I have follow the commands and steps in these links, but non of them work with me:

I have a problem that the icfgf-eth0 file does not exist in my network-scripts directory; I searched the websites and they say I can just creat a new file with some parameters assigned, but when I do so; I lose the internet access. I do not know if that is the problem make me unable to create a bridged network correctly. I am not expert in this network stuff, so please help me.

I am connecting the machine on a LAN network in my lab. at the university.

Best regards and wishes,
Mohammad Altahat.