Re: [Xen-users] Live Migrating a VM while it is paused

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 06:50:47PM +0300, Nick Katsipoulakis wrote:
> Actually, I want to pause it in order to block IO calls from getting
> written to the disk. That is why I asked.
> But I noticed that if my VM is paused, Xen won't let me migrate it. Is this
> behaviour by default, that paused VMs are not migrated?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nick

I'm curious why you want that. The Xen migration system is designed to
make the migration basically seamless (and as I mentioned before, pauses
the domain momentarily to achieve this). You already need shared storage
to do migration (unless you're using Remus, which is a whole nother
ballgame), so why block IO?

--Sean