Re: [Xen-users] Live Migration of a Virtual Machine without a Shared Storage

On Wed, 29 May 2013 18:03:07 +0300, Nick Katsipoulakis <popanik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Niels thank you for your immediate answer and concern.

Actually my FUSE Filesystem works as an abstraction layer between Xen
and the underlying Filesystem (i.e. ext3). Everytime an I/O is
performed by the VM, whose disk image is stored under my filesystem's
mount point and is about to be migrated, the I/O is intercepted and
actions are taken in order to ensure the consistency of the migrated
disk image. It also manages to hand-over the VM and start its
operation on the destination machine, before the whole disk image is
migrated.

Most interesting. Is this FS publicly available? It sounds similar
to GlusterFS and SeznamFS. Can you explain the differences?

Gordan