Re: [Xen-users] Attaching pre created tap interfaces to a VM in Xen for Routed Networking

On Sat, 2013-05-25 at 10:16 -0700, Raghu Nallamothu wrote:
> Hi All.,
>          I am not sure if this is possible in xen via Libvirt, but
> what I am trying to do is, I want libvirt to launch a VM and attach a
> pre-created tap interface to that VM ( I do not want XEN to create
> one, as I am running a lot of custom scripts on my tap interface).

What sort of pre-created tap interface?

A Xen virtual NIC is created by qemu which is only started when the
domain is launched. As far as I know there is no way to "precreate" them
since they have to be created by the process which is driving them.
Please can you explain precisely what you are doing?

>  I also dont want xen to attach this tap interface to a bridge.

You should be able to control this by editing the vif-* scripts to suit
your local environment.