Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV domu high cpu from System and System Interrupts processes

I believe I have figured it out.

The default value of snapshot_autoextend_threshold in
/etc/lvm/lvm.conf is 100, which just simply disables the automatic
snapshot expansion.
No where in the documentation mentions that.

After modifying both snapshot* values in lvm.conf, you have to
manually kill dmeventd daemon to reread the lvm.conf file, as it gets
restarted when a snapshot is created.

One more important defacto standard, dmevent doesn't instantly expands
the snapshots but rather checks for thresholds every 10 seconds or so.
So, if the domu has high I/O activity, you are better of by setting
the extend value by 50% or similar.

*It is REALLY IMPORTANT to configure to AUTOMATIC SNAPSHOT EXPANSION
because if a snapshot overflows, YOUR BACKUP WILL BE CORRUPT*