Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] FreeBSD PVHVM call for testing

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 7:14 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 07:41:50PM +0200, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've pushed a new branch, pvhvm_v10 that contains a PV IPI
> implementation for both amd64 and i386. I've also updated the wiki to
> point to the pvhvm_v10 branch:

I feel a bit stupid to ask this, but how I install 'gmake'? Doing 'pkg_add -r gmake'
tells me there is no package (perhaps I am using a too modern version of FreeBSD
(FreeBSD-10.0-CURRENT-amd64-20130512-r250582-release.iso)?

The Wiki mentions how to install git but that fails b/c it can't find gmake.

For 10.0-CURRENT, not all the packages are available yet from the main FreeBSD.org ftp site.
I am going through a similar setup issue with someone who has signed up for Google Summer of Code,
and I need him to use close to the latest 10.0-CURRENT and have a usable system.

You may wish to follow those steps to configure your system to download packages from
one of the 3rd party pkg mirrors, and then use the "pkg" command to install gmake and whatever other packages you need.
Outback Dingo has mentioned using "pkg" command for installing packages in 10-CURRENT, and that is
what I am instructing my GSoC to do.

Good luck.
--
Craig