Re: [Xen-users] Bridge networking in Debian

On (20/05/13 10:11), Jan Hejl wrote:
> Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 10:11:41 +0200
> From: Jan Hejl <jh@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Bridge networking in Debian
>
> Hi James,
>
> add this line to you /etc/network/interfaces:
>
> iface eth0 inet manual

Success!

Adding that line got me going again.  And due to other's info I got the rest
of it working.  Thanks to all who replied.

To summarize, for Xen 4.1 on Debian Wheezy 7.0, what worked was:

1. Make the bridge yourself, rather than let xend do it. For Debian,
this is in /etc/network/interfaces:

        iface eth0 inet manual

        auto br0
        iface br0 inet static
            address 192.168.0.26
            network 192.168.0.0
            netmask 255.255.255.0
            broadcast 192.168.0.255
            gateway 192.168.0.1
            bridge_ports all

2. Leave xend-config.sxp untouched (all default, no 'network-script').

3. For the domU, a simple line:
        vif         = [ 'bridge=br0' ]

cheers,
James