Re: [Xen-users] CAP and performance problem

Thanks, but this good question is still waiting for a good answer. Anyone?

Cheers,
 Massimo

On 05/15/2013 04:42 PM, Grinberg, Vitaly wrote:
This is a good question.

Vitaly.

-----Original Message-----
From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Massimo Canonico
Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 7:35 PM
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] CAP and performance problem

Hi,
my application is written in std C++ and it makes a matrix
multiplication: so it uses only CPU and memory (no i/o, no network).

I'm quite surprise that with CAP = 100% I got my results in about 600
seconds and with CAP = 50% I got my results in about 1800 seconds
(around 3 times longer).

For this kind of application I was expecting to get results in about
1200 seconds  (2 times longer) for the second scenario with respect to
the first one.

Of course, the HW and SW are exactly the same for the 2 experiments.

Am I wrong or the CAP mechanism is not working well?

Thanks,
   Massimo