Re: [Xen-users] Bridge networking in Debian

On Mon, May 20, 2013 18:02, Niels Dettenbach wrote:

> James Triplett <jm-xenusers@xxxxxxx> schrieb:
>

>>Starting a new Xen setup, with off-the-shelf Wheezy, and the standard
>>Xen packages,
>>which turn out to be Xen 4.1
>>
>>I used to just put a  (network-script network-bridge) in the Xen setup,
>>but I guess
>>you can't do that anymore...
>
>>Does anyone know the correct configuration in /etc/network/interfaces
>>for
>>a dead-simple bridge to support Xen domU's?

allow-hotplug eth0
auto xenbr0
iface xenbr0 inet static
        address 10.20.30.34
        netmask 255.255.240.0
        gateway 10.20.30.254
        bridge_maxwait 5
        bridge_ports regex eth0

The above is what I use on one of my xen hosts. You would also have the lo
sections, but you don't need anything else referring to eth0

Essentially, the bridge is just like a normal eth0 interface, except you
add the extra bridge_ports config line.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Adam