[Xen-users] XCP 1.6: GPU passthrough with Ubuntu 13.04 HVM guest?

XCP 1.6:  GPU passthrough with an Ubuntu 13.04 HVM guest?

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Anyone?

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 11:17 PM, Gizmo Chicken <gizmochicken@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a Radeon HD 6670 GPU and an IOMMU enabled motherboard.  With that GPU and motherboard, I had absolutely no trouble getting GPU passthrough to work with XCP 1.6 and a Windows 7 guest. It just worked!  And after some trial and error (mostly error), I was able to get GPU passthrough working with XCP 1.6 and an Ubuntu 12.04 HVM guest.

But with Ubuntu 12.10 and 13.04 HVM guests, I have had absolutely no luck at all in getting GPU passthrough to work.

Has anyone out there had any luck getting GPU passthrough to work with a Radeon GPU and an Ubuntu 12.10 (or 13.04) HVM guest?

If you've had any luck getting GPU passthrough to work with a Radeon GPU and an Ubuntu 12.10 (or 13.04) HVM guest, would you please provide a few tips, such as what driver was used and what edits, if any, were made to any relevant guest configuration files?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Best regards,
GizmoChicken